Natural Insect & Cat Repellents
- Most cats hate to get wet, so a cheap and free cat repellent is to squirt any cats that venture into your garden with water from a high-powered water pistol and after a few days they won't return.
- A more automatic cat repellent alternative is to sprinkle the cat's favourite digging spot every few days with black pepper or the following powder mix of 2 parts cayenne pepper, 3 parts dry yellow mustard and 5 parts white flour.
- Apply a nitrogen rich garden fertilizer such as blood and bone to the area where the cat likes to visit and you will not only improve your plants but also stop the cat from coming back to that spot.
- Alternatively you can give cats their own special area in which to dig, such as loose soil or fine mulch and forget about expensive cat repellents altogether.
- To keep bees away from your swimming pool or bbq area grow a hawthorn bush next to it. This bush works as a natural insect repellent which will keep the bees away for good.
- Plant some herbs including basil and tansy near your front or back doors to help repel flies from your house. One of the best natural insect repellents, however, is mint, which is good at repelling ants, aphids, fleas, beetles and moths.
- If you notice any pests on your plants you should remove then at once to stop them spreading to other plants, especially insects such as aphids which you should simply squish between your fingertips.
- Make sure that any plants which you introduce to your garden are disease and pest free, as you don't won't to infect any of your healthy plants. Also try to choose plant varieties that are less susceptible to pests and that way you don;t have to worry as much about insect sprays and repellents.
- It is important for a healthy disease free garden that you remove any dead or dying plant material immediately because it could have an infection that can easily transfer to your healthy plants.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use around your own garden the Free information about Natural Insect Repellent & Cat Repellents that is provided on this site. If you would like to share your own suggestions or tips for getting rid of insects and cats then you can do so by clicking here.