Save On Shopping
- Save on shopping for books and magazines by using your local library. You are also able to borrow magazines, CDs and DVDs from most libraries.
- Consider stretching out time between haircuts. Going every 8 weeks instead of 6 weeks will save yourself the cost of two haircuts a year.
- If you have trouble with impulse buying one of the best money saving tips to save on shopping is to make a list. So before you go to a major stocktake, christmas or end of financial year sale outline exactly what it is that you want to buy and then stick to that list.
- Get your kids a toy library membership. You will save money on expensive toys and spare the kids getting bored with the same old toys.
- When you go shopping or to work take a refillable water bottle with you to quench your thirst. Not only is this better for your health but not spending money on a daily $3 coffee or soft drink will save you more than $1000 a year.
- Whenever you need to print some family photos or holiday snaps always save them up and print them in bulk to take advantage of cheaper printing prices at major stores.
- Use internet shopping to save money on things like car hire deals and travel & accommodation. Try online shopping websites such as Wotif, Web Car Hire and even Not One Night where you can book your holiday well ahead of time without having to pay the full amount up front.
- Local discount vouchers are full of ways to save on shopping, such as 2 for 1 deals or other special offers. These vouchers can either be delivered or you can find them on the back of your grocery shopping receipts from supermarkets.
- When you want to shop in a major shopping centre it is best to go early in the morning. This way the shops are less busy and you will be able to get help from staff much easier. You will also save time shopping by being able to park much closer and at the end of the day you won't have to lug your purchases a long way back to the car.
- Instead of buying ready made jewellery, take up beading (or another form of jewellery making) and make your own. Not only will you save money on your own jewellery but you can also make lovely, thoughtful gifts for friends and family. You can even turn your jewellery making into a hobby or business that makes you money. Beading is a relaxing, fun, creative hobby and you can even do shopping online for beads, so even if you live in a remote area you can still get beading delivered. There are also plenty of free instructions and resources available on google to help you to save on shopping for beads.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use some of the Free Money Saving ideas to Save on Shopping that are provided on this site. If you would like to share your own suggestions or ideas on shopping then you can do so by clicking here.