How To Save Fuel and Petrol
- A good idea on how to save fuel is to always ensure that your car tyres (including the spare) are properly aligned and have the correct tyre pressure. Not only does this make the car safer but you will also get improved fuel efficiency.
- If you are stopped at a traffic light or waiting for a passenger for over a minute then don't sit with the motor running. Turn off the engine and you will be surprised how much money you can save on petrol.
- Don't carry unnecessary, heavy items in your car's boot or trunk such as golf clubs or a work toolbox. This extra weight will make the car less fuel efficient and cost you money.
- Whenever you are driving try to maintain a steady speed in order to save fuel. This is because the more that you brake and then accelerate the more petrol or gas that your car has to use.
- When you are driving on the highway of freeway use your car's cruise control, if it has one, because this has been adjusted by the manufacturer for maximum gas or fuel saving, whilst still maintaining a constant speed.
- You would probably do this anyway for you own stress levels, but try to plan your travel when the traffic is going to be light because this will help you save on petrol.
- To save on petrol whilst driving turn off your car's air-conditioning. It puts a large strain on your engine and at medium to low speed around the city you will get improved fuel efficiency and economy if you simply wind down the windows.
- If you clean your car's air filter regularly you will save fuel because a dirty or clogged air filter restricts the airflow to the engine and makes it less fuel efficient.
- Save time and money when driving by running a number of errands in one trip. If you do several smaller trips you will actually increase the fuel consumption of your car quite significantly.
- Whenever you need to fill up your car with petrol shop around. Loyalty to one brand of petrol doesn't save you money and sometimes there can be a significant difference in the price from one petrol station to the next.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use some of the Free ideas for Saving Fuel and how to Save on Petrol that this website provides. If you would like to share your own tips and suggestions regarding saving petrol then you can do so by clicking here.