Save Money on Groceries & Food
- Buying in bulk can help you to save money on groceries provided that you have the storage space for the items and that food products don't go off. If you don't have enough storage space but would still like to enjoy bulk discount shopping then you can go halves with a friend, relative or neighbour.
- When shopping for grocery items such as bread, butter, sugar, flour, etc consider buying generic store brands which are cheaper and equally good quality if not better.
- Some fruit and vegetable shops will have shopping bargain bins for produce that is very ripe and needs to be sold and eaten right away. By making the most of these you can very easily save money shopping for fruit and vegetables.
- Do a meal plan for the entire upcoming week. Start this by checking your fridge and pantry to see what you already have and what you require. By utilizing that is already in your cupboards properly you will be amazed at how much money you can save on food.
- Don't limit yourself to shopping for groceries at one supermarket. You can make some significant money savings on groceries if you check out competing supermarket catalogues and pick up the items at the cheapest price available.
- When items come on special at a supermarket consider buying 3 or 4 of that item and storing it in your cupboard so that you don't have to buy it again when it isn't available at a special price.
- You will be surprised that the same supermarket chain will have different prices for same products in different suburbs, so look around and save money food shopping.
- Instead of buying baby food in small tins or jars, prepare it at home by taking ideas from the baby food aisle at the supermarket. Make large quantities & freeze suitable food in batches with dates on them.
- Some packaged breakfast cereals can be quite expensive. It is possible to make your own by buying a plain cereal and adding dried fruit that you have purchased separately, thus saving money on grocery shopping.
- At major shopping centres the food court shops will offer cheap meal deals near the end of the day because they would rather make some money than throw away the food.
- Never go food or grocery shopping on an empty stomach as you will be tempted to add unnecessary purchases to your shopping trolley.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use around your own home the Free ideas to Save Money on Groceries and Food that this website provides. If you would like to share your own ideas or tips about food shopping then you can do so by clicking here.