Save On Car Insurance Costs
- Before you buy a new car or a used car check out whether or not it is rated by the car insurance companies and a high risk or low risk car. If you buy a high risk vehicle then your car insurance costs will be higher due to the mistakes of other, more reckless drivers.
- Don't simply renew the car insurance cover when is comes around every year. You can save on car insurance costs if you shop around for the best car insurance premium by getting an estimate at least every 2 years.
- Increase your automobile insurance excess from $200 to $500 and save between 15-25% per year on the cost of car insurance. The money you save each month on the car insurance premiums can then be put aside to ensure that you have this deductible excess amount on hand if it is ever required.
- Check if your current or intended car insurance company will provide you will a discount premium when you have 2 or more different types of insurance with them. Combining your insurance policies with the same company can save you anywhere from 10-50% off the standard price of insurance.
- When you are getting a car insurance quotation remember that there are a number of factors that can make car insurance costs much cheaper. There factors vary from insurer to insurer but they generally include things such as what the car is primarily used for, security alarm system, immobilizer, age of the drivers, postcode where you live and the garaging arrangements for the car. Ensure that the quote for car insurance that you obtain takes into account the extra factors that apply to you or any security items that you have in place to protect your car.
- The best and most effective way to compare car insurance premiums is to do so online. The good thing about online car insurance quotes is that you can play around with the options like excess amount, value of the cover, nominated drivers and security items to see which combination gives you the best car insurance price.
- When you are comparing car insurance quotes from different companies make sure that what you are comparing is the same or very similar. For example make sure that both quotes have the same excess and are giving you either market value or agreed value as this may make a large difference to the overall premium that you pay.
- If this is the first time that you are purchasing car insurance that you may want to consider using the car insurance company that your parents use. This is because some companies will start you off on a lot lower rating if you are the son or daughter of a good, responsible driver that they already have as a valued customer and this can will help you to save on insurance costs.
- If your car is not worth too much money then it is always advisable to just get 3rd party fire and theft insurance. This type of auto car insurance protects you against any damages that you cause to others if you are at fault in an accident. It also has the added benefit of still reducing your insurance rating for every year that you don't make a claim, making it cheaper to get comprehensive car insurance in the future.
- The majority of the above points can also be applied when you are comparing estimates for motorbike, boat or caravan insurance.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use the Free ideas to save on Car Insurance Costs and Premiums that this website provides. If you would like to share your own suggestions or tips about finding the right car insurance company then you can do so by clicking here.