Reduce House & Utility Bills
- One of the best ways to recude utility bills is to lower the setting on your heating/cooling thermostat. If you change it by 1 degree then you can literally save hundreds of dollars over the whole year.
- In order to reduce household bills you can perform some of the minor servicing issues on your car yourself, like changing the oil or flushing the radiator.
- Make a household budget template and outline your income and expenses. This will help you to manage your utility bills and also help you to save some of your earnings.
- You can reduce utility bills by turning off your household appliances at the wall because they draw power even when they are in standby mode. You should also switch of lights when you are not in the room.
- If you maintain your belongings in good working order then you will ensure that they last longer and your money remains where it needs to be, in your pocket.
- Consider riding your bike if you have one for short trips. This way you can keep fit whilst cutting down on your fuel bills.
- Use direct debits wherever possible - your utility bills won't keep piling up and they are paid for before you can spend that money on something else.
- Wherever possible try to split your major house bills so that they fall evenly throughout the year. This way you won't be burdened by many large utility bills at the same time.
- If you have the option, and it doesn't cost you any more, then pay the larger house bills in installments rather than as one hefty payment once a year.
- If you take a shower more often than you take a bath then you will not only save money on your water bills, but you will also be helping to save water which is one of the planet's most precious resources.
- If you have any magazine subscriptions then ask yourself if you really read them. If you don't then cancel the subscription and save yourself some money.
- Cutting back on cable or direct TV services that you don't watch regularly can save you $100's per year.
- If you Smoke then Quit (or at the very least cut down). It's not only better for you but will also save you a lot of money.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use the Free ideas to Save Money on Household & Utility Bills that this website provides. If you would like to share your own ideas or tips on reducing your household bills then you can do so by clicking here.