Home Recycling Benefits
- Join a freecycle group near you. This groups promote Free items for home recycling and help to reduce landfill by encouraging people to give away their unwanted items for free. It is a great place to look for small items that you need whilst also benefiting the environment.
- A lot of people save up the gift wrapping paper that they get from birthday and Christmas presents and then reuse it again next year. This form of home recycling benefits the environment as well as saving you money.
- Home recycling can be as easy as reusing your existing liquid soap pump bottles. Simply buy a bulk refill pack of liquid soap and then fill the pump bottle back up, thus reducing waste.
- A form of recycling is to exchange DVD's, games and CD's with like minded friends. Just remember to keep a record of what you have borrowed or lent and from who so that items don't end up being lost or argued over.
- Reuse household articles for creative projects such as your children's school projects. Doing this has the added advantage of teaching your children the benefits of recycling as well as imparting on them your own sense of thriftiness.
- Reuse butchers paper for the kids to draw on or as rough paper that you can use in your home office / study.
- Before throwing out any cardboard boxes or sturdy bags check to see if you can use them for storing items in your garage, shed or kids toy cupboard.
- Divide your children's toys into separate boxes and then rotate them every week. A benefit of doing this is that your house will be less cluttered and those forgotten toys will seem like new to your kids when you finally bring them back out.
- Before heading to the shops think if you can wait and buy it at a garage sale or an op shop. You will not only be recyclying the useful household items of others but will also be able to save money. I have bought many kids toys and gifts in pristine condition from garage sales in the local neighbourhood.
- Have a joint garage or yard sale with a like minded neighbour, friend or relative. It is cheaper to advertise, gives you a great opportunity to get to know your neighbors and also allows you to clean up around the house whilst making some extra money.
- One of the best home recycling tips is to buy a battery recharger and some AAA, AA, C, and D size batteries and stop using disposable batteries. You will quickly make back the initial outlay and save a small fortune, especially with children's toys which all seem to require batteries nowadays.
- Do throw out your old scissors ad you can easily sharpen the scissors by cutting through a piece of coarse sandpaper a few times. You can even sharpen sewing machine needles by sewing a few stitches through the sandpaper with an unthreaded needle.
- Rather than buying a new zipper you can free up a stuck zipper by rubbing it with candle wax, paraffin, a bar of soap or even an ordinary grey lead pencil.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use some of the Free ideas for Home Recycling that are provided on this site as well as gaining more information about the Benefits of Recycling. If you would like to share your own tips or ideas recycling then you can do so by clicking here.