Cheap Contents Insurance Costs
- With contents insurance costs and quotes there are some factors which will make your insurance premium much cheaper. There things vary from insurer to insurer but they can include such things as deadlocks on all external doors, windows locks on all windows and a security alarm system. Ensure that any contents insurance quote that you get takes into account any of these extra security items that you have.
- It may even be worthwhile to spend a little bit of money and install new window and door locks in order to obtain cheap contents insurance each year.
- The best place to get cheap contents insurance quotes is online because this lets you play around with the policy options to help you reduce your premium. Just make sure that you have any big ticket home contents insurance items, such as a large DVD collection, jewellery or expensive electronic equipment, specifically listed and covered under your policy, as a lot of insurance cover policies will limit the amount that can be claimed for any one item unless it is specifically listed.
- If you don't already have you home and contents insurance policies with the same company then consider doing so because it can save you anywhere from 10-40% of the price of the premium by simply packaging the 2 insurances together.
- Also if you have other insurances such as car or boat insurance then check if there is any further discount for having these insurance policies with them as well.
- Nowadays you can choose to have an deductible excess on your policy which can easily reduce your contents insurance costs by up to 25% per year.
- When it comes time to renew your contents insurance cover do not simply pay it without doing a little research. Every 2nd year or so you should shop around for the most competitive insurance policy and premium, to make sure that you are getting the best insurance deal possible.
- A lot of insurance companies will offer you cheap home contents insurance with a significant discount if you purchase it online. This is because it saves them money on call centre staff so they pass this saving on to you.
- A lot of insurance company websites not only have their best home contents insurance quotes online but also have a contents calculator which helps you to accurately calculate the total value of you home contents by guiding you through common items found in each rooms in the house.
- Last but defintely not least you should always try and call the prospective insurance company armed with the cheapest home contents insurance quote that you found online and haggle with them over the phone. Often they are able to match the price of quotes from other insurance companies or even better them.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use some of the Free ideas to Save Money on your Home Contents Insurance Costs that are provided on this site. If you would like to share your own suggestions or ideas for saving on contents insurance then you can do so by clicking here.