Home Cleaning Remedies
- There are a lot of home cleaning remedies that invlove natural and readily available products such as baking soda, vinegar, salt and lemon juice. You will be surprised by how much money you will save and how well these products work at cleaning your home.
- Designate a place in the kitchen where each person can keep their own cup or glass. This way they can easily reuse their glass throughout the day and save money on dishwashing by not using multiple cups in one day.
- One of the best home cleaning remedies is to only use your dishwasher when it is full. This will not only save you money but it is environmentally friendly too.
- Wash your laundry in cold water and hang your clothes outside on the line whenever possible. This home cleaning remedy will save you money as well as help to reduce your contribution to global warming.
- Suggested large usage amounts on laundry detergent packs and dishwashing liquid are a way for companies to get customers using more of their product. When performing laundry or house cleaning use 2/3 of the suggested amount and save money with virtually the same results.
- If food burns the bottom of my frypan or saucepan one of the home cleaning remedies that I use is to cover it with vinegar and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Then leave it overnight, empty the pan and lightly scrub it until it is clean.
- To make cleaning your BBQ after use easier sprinkle a handful of salt onto it while it is still very hot. Allow the BBQ to cool and then wipe it clean.
- If you want to remove stubborn stains from your bath rub them with a half a lemon dipped in salt or even a cloth dipped in vinegar.
- A home cleaning remedy for the inside of bottles or vases with a narrow opening is to place some small balls of steel wool and soap subs inside the bottle and shake it a few times until it is sparkling clean.
- Alternatively you can clean the inside of decanters and other bottles that have small necks by placing a few spoonfuls of uncooked rice and soap suds inside and shake the bottle clean.
- After washing glassware rinse them in water that has a few lemon skins in it. The acid from the lemons will make the glasses sparkle.
- To clean the electric kettle in your home half fill it with water and 30ml of white vinegar. Switch the kettle on and allow it to boil for 10-15 minutes with the top open so that it doesn't automatically switch off. Then rinse the kettle out 3 or 4 times to remove all of the dislodged particles.
- The best thing to clean mirrors with is old nylon stockings, as they are lint free and give the glass a high gloss finish.
- If you want home cleaning remedies for your pearls then simply place them in a plastic bag with a handful of raw rice. Shake the bag gently and the pearls will soon have back their original lustre.
- When house cleaning the best and most enviromentally friendly way to clean windows is by using wet newspaper. You can also prevent windows from fogging up by rubbing them with a cloth soaked in equal quantities of glycerine and methylated spirits.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use around your own home the Free Home Cleaning Remedies that this website provides. If you would like to share your own suggestions or ideas for cleaning at home then you can do so by clicking here.