Cheap Grocery Shopping On A Budget
- One of the best cheap grocery shopping ideas is to invest in a suitable size freezer and create a food bank. When preparing meals, make twice as much and freeze the leftovers. This will save time when you don't feel like cooking and money by eliminating the need for takeaway food.
- Invest in clear, see through containers for your fridge and pantry. This will save you time when it comes to making your grocery shopping list and also save you money by allowing you to make better use of them before they go off.
- To help with grocery shopping on a budget you should start your own cooking folder. Place in it your favourite budget cooking recipes so that when you are stuck for dinner ideas you can easily find one that won't cost you a fortune. You can even ask your friends and family for their favourite recipes that are cheap and easy to make.
- A good way to reduce your grocery shopping bill is to grow your own herbs in pots or an old wheelbarrow in your backyard. This will save you constantly buying and throwing out fresh herbs from the shops.
- Bring lunch from home instead of buying from the shop where you work. This will not only reduce your food budget but will also encourage you to eat more healthy food.
- Some supermarkets offer their own FREE store chain magazines which include easy recipes. Instead of buying cookbooks which generally have exotic or hard to get ingredients try the recipes in these shopping magazines. You don't have to buy their recommended brands but can pinch some of their ideas in order to make cheap, hassle free meals.
- When you are grocery shopping on a budget and buying perishable products, check their packaging for the expiry & best before dates. The ones with longer dates are generally stashed at the back of the shelf so they can get rid of older stock first. Also check the packaging for recipe ideas. Most food companies have their own websites and I have often found great family recipes on these websites.
- If you plant your own lemon tree in the backyard (or even a large pot) you won't have to spend money buying lemons again. Also you can get a lot more lemon juice from a lemon if you warm it in the microwave for 20 seconds before squeezing it.
- Another great lemon juice tip is to place any excess lemon juice in ice cube trays and freeze it. Then store these lemon cubes in a freezer bag so that you can use them when you want to. One easy way to use these ice cubes is to add one cube to a jug of water for instant, refreshing lemon water that is much cheaper than cordial or lemonade.
- If you a always shopping on a tight budget then it is important that your vegetables and salad items last for as long as possible in your fridge. A trick to ensure that lettuce and other garden produce keeps fresher for longer if to place some paper towel at the bottom of the crisper to absorb any excess water.
- If you want to peel or chop onions without any tears then you should first submerge the onions in boiling water for 1 minute and then start chopping.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use around your own home the Free ideas for Cheap Grocery Shopping on a budget that this website provides. If you would like to share your own ideas or tips for grocery shopping then you can do so by clicking here.