Outdoor Garden Lighting & Equipment
- It is always better if you can work outdoor garden lighting into your garden design ideas from the start. This i because it is generally much harder to add garden lights later on and it also may require you to dig up your garden and/or lawn.
- When you are purchasing gardening products always buy good quality garden tools, especially spades, forks and hoes. If you buy cheap garden tools then they will tend to break more easily, especially when working in firm soil.
- If you add a selection of garden lighting and spotlights near a swimming pool, garden fountain or water feature that it can really make your backyard come alive at night time. A pool garden area can also be made to feel like a holiday resort with the clever use of outdoor garden lighting.
- Use pathway lighting to illuminate the entrance way or porch area in your garden is a great DIY home renovation idea. You can use either solar or low voltage garden lights along your pathway and it will improve the security of your home and enhance the beauty of your garden.
- A great garden lighting tip is to affix a light directly to a large tree in your front or back yard using screws, which won't affect the health of the tree. This type of garden lighting will create a natural looking illumination for your garden at night time.
- A garden pond or fountain will make the backyard look nice but keep in mind that they can become a breeding ground for mosquitos. To stop this from happening fill your garden fountain or pond with goldfish or frogs as they will eat the mosquito larvae before they can hatch.
- If you have a pond in your backyard it is important that you properly aerate it in order to keep the water cleaner and maintain healthy plants and fish. You should also monitor the pond water and ensure that it has an optimal pH of between 7.5 and 8.5.
- Nowadays you can get garden ornaments, sculptures and even garden statues that are made of cast stone concrete or polyresin instead of marble or stone. This means that with the clever use of some outdoor garden lighting you can get the look and feel of being in a grand old mansion's stately gardens for a fraction of the price.
- If you have an outdoor garden decking or patio area you will want to purchase garden furniture with comfortable chairs or bench seats on which you can relax and enjoy the surroundings. Do make sure, however, that any wooden garden furniture has been specifically designed and treated to withstand weathering by constant rain and sunshine.
- If you are adding a garden shed to you backyard then it is important to choose a shed size that will fit all of your outdoor play equipment and gardening tools comfortable. Also allow a for the fact that when you get a garden shed you will tend to accumulate more things to put into it.
- The best type of floor to have in a garden shed is a concrete floor because it is easier to keep clean and provides a level surface making storing equipment much safer. The concrete floor for a standard garden shed should be 100mm thick. It should also have black plastic laid down first and reinforced mesh inside the concrete to prevent it from cracking.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use around your own garden the Free information on Outdoor Garden Lighting, Sheds & Equipment that this website provides. If you would like to share your own suggestions or tips on garden lighting then you can do so by clicking here.