Landscape Garden Ideas
- Always remember Garden Landscape Rule Number One - When working through landscape garden ideas always start with the essential structure first, by planting the larger trees and shrubs first. Then you can follow this up by adding the smaller, more colorful plants. The best way to get more information about how to create a successful garden landscape is to simply look through lots of landscaping pictures showing what other people have done with their garden area.
- Whilst you are still busy working out your landscape garden ideas you can begin preparing the soil. You should start by removing the weeds and then enriching it with compost, mulch, kelp and animal manure.
- Make sure that your landscaped garden gives your plants enough room to grow into. Consider making the garden beds slightly larger and lawn area slightly smaller when you design a garden, as there will not be any real perceivable difference by the casual observer.
- A good gardening tip to remember when designing your garden is to be realistic about exactly how much time you can spend maintaining the garden. If you are a very busy person then you will be well advised to go for a low maintenance garden with plants that tend to look after themselves.
- When you finally begin planting your garden trees, shrubs, annuals and perennials into either your front garden or landscaped backyard garden make sure that you keep a careful eye on the plants. This is because they may begin to wilt or become stressed from transplant shock. If this happens you can easily give the plants a boost by spraying them with a kelp fish foliar spray.
- For garden edging try using a hard edge such as brick or pavers to give the border a well defined shape and make maintenance easier.
- Another good landscape garden idea is to consider putting paving in areas that receive very little sunlight as grass would be hard to grow in such areas.
- If you are very busy then you can employ a professional landscape gardener to create a layout complete with practical garden edging ideas for your front and/or backyard garden. If you choose to do this then make sure that you get some references and go around to these people's house and inspect the workmanship of the landscape gardening team.
- One of the best landscape garden ideas to to make a short garden appear longer by putting a border of plants down each side of the backyard area, and then put a wider open space at the far end of the yard.
- If you have a small garden area or courtyard don't be afraid to put some large plants in front of fences and walls to hide them. If you only plant small plants and shrubs then your backyard area will tend to look small also.
- Adding a climber to your backyard is a great landscaping idea for small garden areas as they add height without taking up too much space.
- Use colour in your garden area to create a particular mood or feeling. You can also use colourful plants to generate a specific theme for your garden, such as lush subtropical green, japanese style oriental garden or a vibrant cottage garden.
- Keep in mind that the direction that your front or back yard faces will play a large roll in what sort of plants your should buy and exactly where in the garden you should put them. Before you plant a tree or shrub you should monitor the position where you want to place it in order to see how many hours of sunlight it receives each day.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use around your own garden the Free Landscape Garden Ideas that this website provides. If you would like to share your own suggestions or ideas on landscaping then you can do so by clicking here.