Wedding Reception Ideas
- The main way that you can save heaps of money is to not have you wedding on a Saturday, which the most expensive day on which to hold a wedding reception. Generally Friday night and Sunday are a bit cheaper for wedding venue hire and other weekday evenings are much cheaper still. Also if you wedding is during the winter months then the cost will be much less as you are avoiding the higher peak season rates.
- One of the best wedding reception ideas for saving money is to find out if any of your friends or relatives have special skills and ask them to provide you their services as a wedding favour or gift. For example someone who is a chef may be able to make you wedding cake, a hair dresser can do your hair or a photographer can take you wedding photographs.
- If you find a venue that has a wedding chapel then you can have the wedding ceremony and the reception at the same place and you will not require limousines or wedding car hire, as well as saving time and stress.
- If you don't want limousines or vintage cars for your wedding then you can either hire large luxury cars from a local car rental company or even ask friends and relatives for the use of their cars for your wedding transport.
- If you have your heart set on a limousine for your wedding transport then order a black limo instead of white as they are more common and generally much cheaper.
- When you are researching which wedding venue to have you ceremony and/or reception at always talk to a manager, as they are the person who is in the best position to offer you a discount or maybe throw in some extras like pre-dinner drinks, use of their sound system, after dinner port or extra time for the wedding reception.
- Check with the wedding reception venue if you can supply your own bottles on wine for the guests to drink. With this idea you will be able to choose a respectable wine that you like as well as saving money.
- If you are having your wedding reception at home then you will need to have drinks for your guests. Liquor outlets will generally buy back any unopened alcohol which will not only save you money buy also allow you to over order and avoid the embarrassing situation where you run out of alcohol at the wedding reception.
- When it comes to toasting the happy couple you can have the guests toast them with whatever drink they are currently drinking instead of champagne, as the champagne generally doesn't get drunk by most people and therefore is a waste of money.
- Also if you are having your home as your wedding venue then you can get reliable relatives to bring along the h'ourderves and/or deserts to cut down on catering costs.
- Most importantly, don't worry or stress if things don't go perfect on the wedding day. Try to relax and enjoy the day for all of the things that have gone well.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use some of the Free Money Saving Wedding Reception Ideas that this website provides. If you would like to share your own suggestions or ideas for your wedding reception then you can do so by clicking here.