Wedding Food Ideas
- A good wedding food idea that will save you money is to dispense with the normal wedding catering arrangements and have a buffet style wedding meal. This way your guests will be able to choose what they want to eat and the food costs will be significantly reduced.
- If you are having a 3 course meal you can save money by choosing less expensive dishes like chicken and pasta instead of seafood or beef.
- When you are checking out different wedding catering companies always ask them for a price list for each type of wedding food. This way you can mix and match the foods in order to get an impressive menu without the need to spend lots of money.
- You can save money on your wedding food by choosing cheaper items and foods for the hors d'oeuvres that are passed around before the guests are seated. For example if you are serving meat for the entree and main course then there is no need to also have meat in the hors d'oeuvres.
- Using your wedding cake served along with fancy ice cream as a dessert is a good way of saving money. Following wedding food ideas like this one mean that you don't have to spend money on a separate dessert course and everyone gets to eat the cake, rather than taking it home and forgetting about it.
- If you want to have a dessert course as well as serving wedding cake then you can save money by choosing less expensive options like chocolate mousse or strawberries dipped in chocolate.
- If you have decided to do your own wedding catering and have a buffet dinner then some money saving wedding food ideas are:
-You can have your family create large trays of meat cold cuts and cheese cheese platters.
-Buy several boneless leg hams when they come on special and have them thinly cut or shaved.
-Place a selection of seasonal fruits onto wooden skewers to make delicious fruit kebabs. Preserve them and add flavour with a sprinkle of pineapple juice.
-Create your own salad bar by using large bowls filled with chopped lettuce, tomato, cucumber, etc. Place a variety of bottled salad dressings at the salad bar for the guests to choose from.
-Buy ready made cold salads in bulk from the supermarket or deli.
-Buy an assortment of pre-cut breads in bulk from a local bakery.
- If you do the wedding catering yourself and purchase the ingredients for the wedding food from wholesale warehouses you will be able to save a lot of money.
- If you or your relatives are organizing the wedding food then make the most of wedding caterer's brochures to get some great menu ideas and plans.
- When making the food for the wedding yourself don't try anything new. Instead stick to recipes that you already know and practise them a few weeks beforehand in order to perfect your skills.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use some of the Free ideas for Wedding Food & Catering that this website provides. If you would like to share your own suggestions or ideas on how to save money on wedding food then you can do so by clicking here.