Cheap Honeymoon Ideas
- When you are looking to book a cheap honeymoon try and find a place that offers wedding package deals as they normally include accommodation in a special wedding suite and luxury extras such as chocolates, champagne, free entertainment, pampering and secluded romantic getaways.
- Whenever you check in for your honeymoon flights subtly make sure that the airline staff know that you've just been married and are on your honeymoon. You can do this by lots of hugging and kissing, calling each other 'my husband/wife' or even wearing part of your wedding veil or flowers. This will really increase you chance of being upgraded to business class by the airline, especially for shorter domestic flights. If all else fails, it doesn't hurt to ask.
- If you have any frequent flyer miles saved up from previous holidays or business travel you may want to use these in order to get free honeymoon flights.
- Before booking the travel and accommodation for your wedding honeymoon check out the list of free and useful travel tips and information found on this website.
- Use yours or your parents regular travel agent if you have one to book and organize a cheap honeymoon for you. Just be very clear with them where it is exactly you want to go, what it is that you want to be able to do and how much your budget is. They may even be able to suggest some good honeymoon ideas and cheaper alternatives that you hadn't even thought of.
- To save money on your wedding honeymoon don't travel so far away from home. Instead look for a nice, romantic place nearby to where you live. Afterall the most important thing is that you spend as much time as possible together as a new couple.
- There can be significant differences in the cost of flights for weekends and weekdays so consider leaving for your honeymoon a few days after your wedding if you can save money on the flights.
- Not eating every meal in a fancy restaurant is a great way of saving money on your honeymoon.
- Make sure that your honeymoon accommodation has a fridge so that you can buy cheaper alcohol from a local store and don't have to buy as many expensive drinks from the hotel's bar.
- If you want to hire a car then squeeze all of the activities that require car travel into 2 or 3 days so that you don't have to hire the car for your whole honeymoon. You can check out many more car hire travel tips on this website.
- Don't go overboard buying souvenirs on your wedding honeymoon. It will not only cost you a lot of money but you may also have to pay an excess baggage charge when you fly back home.
- A good money saving honeymoon idea is to look through travel and guide books for your holiday location to see if there are any free tours and attractions.
We hope that you appreciate and are able to use the Free Ideas for a Cheap Wedding Honeymoon that this website provides. If you would like to share your own suggestions or ideas for how to have a budget wedding honeymoon then you can do so by clicking here.